FOR CAR SERVICES 24000, 24 MONTHLY, MAJOR VEHICLE SERVICING
- Drain engine oil and refill.
- Special or synthetic oils are subject to additional charge.
- Replace oil filter.
- Check for excessive oil leaks.
- Check for timing belt (cambelt) replacement interval and report if replacement due according to mileage or age.
- Check radiator condition.
- Check coolant cap seals.
- Check coolant hoses for leaks and condition and security.
- Check electric cooling fan for operation where applicable.
- Check condition and tension of fan or alternator belt. Adjust or report on condition.
- Check condition and adjust auxiliary drive belts if required (excluding cambelt).
- Replace air filter.
- Drain out cooling system and replace coolant to correct specification.
- Replace spark plugs for petrol engines only. An additional charge applies for platinum or long life plugs.
- Check condition and security of under tray.
- Check fuel cap seal condition.
- Check visual condition of fuel lines.
- Replace fuel filter (if fitted and external from fuel tank).
- Check for correct clutch operation.
- Check for correct gearbox operation.
- Check and top up clutch fluid where applicable.
- Check drive shaft gaitors for security and report leaks.
- Grease prop/shaft if applicable.
- Check and top up axle and/or transaxle oil if applicable.
- Top up gearbox fluid where applicable and not sealed.
- Check operation of exterior lights.
- Check horn.
- Check diesel heater plug indicator operation where fitted.
- Check battery security and lubricate terminals.
- Check battery condition and print results.
- Top up battery/non-sealed units only.
- Check dashboard warning lights.
- Visual inspection of HT (high tension) leads.
- Test effectiveness of starter motor.
- Test alternator charging rate – check security.
Steering & Suspension
- Check and top up power steering reservoir where applicable.
- Check steering and suspension components for wear and corrosion.
- Check steering rack gaiters condition.
- Check wheel bearings for excessive play or roughness.
- Carry out shock absorber bounce test.
- Grease steering and suspension where applicable.
- Inspect exhaust system (including catalyst if fitted) for leaks, security and noise.
- Visual check for exhaust smoke.
- Check brake pads for wear or damage.
- Check brake callipers for leaks and security.
- Check service brake shoes for wear or damage – clean and adjust if required (excludes internal handbrake shoes).
- Inspect operation of wheel cylinders and report any leaks.
- Visually check brake hydraulic system, pipes and hoses for any leaks, chafing and corrosion.
- Check security of handbrake linkages and travel. Lubricate and adjust if required.
- Check brake discs and drums for wear, cracks, corrosion and scoring or pitting (excluding internal drums).
- Check brake servo operation.
- Replace brake fluid and bleed system.
Tyres and Wheels
- Remove road wheels.
- Check tyre size and whether tyre is fitted to side wall instructions.
- Check tyre condition and tread depth (including spare).
- Check and adjust tyre pressures (including spare).
- Set wheel nut torque to manufacturer’s settings.
- Check wheels for correct balance (including spare).
- Check windscreen wiper condition and operation.
- Check rear wiper condition and operation (if fitted).
- Check windscreen washer operations, align jets and top up if required.
- Check windscreen for chips and cracks.
- Check mirror condition (interior and exterior).
- Check number plate condition.
- Advise if cabin filter is required according to age/mileage recommendations and last change.
- Check seatbelts – front and rear including lap belt.
- Check operation of all external door locks.
- Lubricate accessible door hinges (with white grease).
Reset vehicle service light where applicable (subject to data and tooling availability).
Conduct road test.
Lubricate bonnet catch.
- Stamp service book (indicating a Service has been carried out).