FOR 6 MONTHLY & HIGHER MILAGE USAGE
This Service Includes:
- Drain engine oil and refill.
- Special or synthetic oils are subject to additional charge.
- Replace oil filter.
- Check for excessive oil leaks.
- Check condition and security of under tray.
- Check for correct clutch operation.
- Check for correct gearbox operation.
- Check and top up clutch fluid where applicable.
- Check drive shaft gaitors for security and report leaks.
- Check operation of exterior lights.
- Check horn.
- Check battery condition and print results.
- Check dashboard warning lights.
Steering & Suspension
- Check and top up power steering reservoir where applicable.
- Check steering and suspension components for wear and corrosion.
- Check steering rack gaiters condition.
- Check wheel bearings for excessive play or roughness.
- Carry out shock absorber bounce test.
- Inspect exhaust system (including catalyst if fitted) for leaks, security and noise.
- Visual check for exhaust smoke.
- Check brake pads for wear or damage.
- Check brake callipers for leaks and security.
- Check service brake shoes for wear or damage – clean and adjust if required (excludes internal handbrake shoes).
- Inspect operation of wheel cylinders and report any leaks.
- Visually check brake hydraulic system, pipes and hoses for any leaks, chafing and corrosion.
- Check security of handbrake linkages and travel. Lubricate and adjust if required.
- Check brake discs and drums for wear, cracks, corrosion and scoring or pitting (excluding internal drums).
- Check brake fluid level and top up if required.
Tyres and Wheels
- Remove road wheels.
- Check tyre size and whether tyre is fitted to side wall instructions.
- Check tyre condition and tread depth (including spare).
- Check and adjust tyre pressures (including spare).
- Set wheel nut torque to manufacturer’s settings.
- Check wheels for correct balance (including spare).
- Check windscreen wiper condition and operation.
- Check rear wiper condition and operation (if fitted).
- Check windscreen washer operations, align jets and top up if required.
- Advise if cabin filter is required according to age/mileage recommendations and last change.
Reset vehicle service light where applicable (subject to data and tooling availability).
- Stamp service book (indicating a Service has been carried out).